Pokemon Trainer Academy

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Pokemon! At this Pokemon Academy you will be taught to become a Pokemon Trainer, Breeder, Ranger, Watcher, or Researcher; and now Pokemon.

HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Extreme day of training¬

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

Number of posts : 4448
Registration date : 2012-05-11
Trust : 3
AcademyCash : 2140134750

PostSubject: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Tala was at the lake with her Meowth Band, Arcanine Stripes and her Typhlosion Ty. Tala was on a skateboard being pulled by her Arcanine that was wearing a collar and leash which Tala held onto. Ty sat watching the duo with Band sitting next to him. Tala and Stripes went around the lake as they trained. Ty enjoyed watching them when he heard someone in the bushes. He stood up preparing to use Flamethrower.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-07-01
Trust : 0
AcademyCash : 484381

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Kai and Blaze went about the academy as Tala went to her classes, but remembering the deadline she gave the two to get to the lake and learn, the duo quickly raced to the lakeside and stopped before drawing attention, simply to watch Stripes and Tala in action around the lake. "Whoa...they're good..." Kai whispered, before spotting a Typhlosion which looked agitated.

"Easy there!! I'm just here to watch and learn...good Typhlosion..." Kai said with a nervous grin.

Blaze was in his own little world as he watched Stripes and Tala, snorting lowly. The Growlithe was itching to train and he was impressed by the speed the Arcanine had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Tala turned and noticed Ty acting up. Stripes used Extreme Speed and stopped between the Typhlosion and Kai and Blaze. "Ty, chill out I invited them! Sorry Kai, he's hot-headed, come over!" she said getting off the board and taking the leash off Stripes. She then walked over to her bag pulling out a smaller collar, a rope and two more skate boards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Wincing slightly before watching Stripes use Extreme Speed, Kai was preparing to duck, tumble or run, anything to avoid getting burnt, but now that the sight of Tala and her trusty Arcanine stood between them, the boy was able to let out a sigh of relief. "Phew, its fine really, I'm coming..." Kai said with a chuckle at her "hot headed" statement.

He put down his backpack and watched Tala as she pulled out all of the different gear. "Alright, so what do we have here?" Kai asked.

Blaze simply sat beside Stripes for a moment and looked up at him, tail wagging slightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:54 pm

"After Stripes gave me a debrief on his training, I got a smaller collar, infact the one he used as a growlithe! We put that on Blaze's neck or waist, and attach one end of the rope to the collar the other goes onto one of the boards that will have either lots of rock and or bolders on it for him to pull, it'll increase strength," she explained. And an the other board is what you'll use to practice on!" She tied one end of the rope on a skate board, and threw the collar over to Kai for him to put on Blaze.
Stripes sat watching them at work as Ty walked over to Blaze examining him before giving a quick nod. "Bakphoon phoon bakphoon bak bak phoon! (Yo there kid, name;'s Ty and I'll be helping Stripes teach you so will Band!)" Ty said casually.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:09 pm

"Wow, that's not going to be easy, but it will definitely help with his strength, if thats how you two started things off and got to where you are, we're in 100 percent." Kai said, catching the collar and carefully putting it on Blaze's neck to fit comfortably.

Blaze simply sat. not caring at all about the collar being put on, the Growlithe was more concerned with the Typhlosion and how all of a sudden he felt like he was being inspected. "Growlithe Growlithe Growl Growlithe! (Yo there back to you Ty, but my name isn't kid, its Blaze...you're helping Stripes train me huh? Anything I need to know before I start?)"

Kai then quickly pulled on a pair of elbow and knee pads before taking a closer look at the skateboard that she was lending him to train on. "Hmm, brakes on the back to stop?" He asked, putting the board down and placing a foot on it. "Not going to be easy to switch directions on the move..." He muttered to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:20 pm

"It's easier than it looks, trust me! You just shift your weight in the direction you want to go!" She assured handing Ty the rope and other board. Ty walked over to Blaze tieing the other end onto the collar. "Bak bakphoon bak phoon phoon (All you need to know is that I'm heavier than I look, but you don't need to worry about that yet)" Ty told him with a smile.
Tala stood on her own board and turned to Kai. "You just have one foot on the board putting most your weight on it then use the foot on the ground to push off, you keep doing that until you have enough speed and kinetic energy...uh, movement! To stop you put all of your weight on your back leg that should be on the break and you'll stop." she explained before demonstrating stopping a few feet away from the lake edge.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Kai nodded and put both feet on the board, feeling what it was like to shift his weight on it. "Well, maybe I'm just overthinking it, maybe this won't be so bad..." He said with a chuckle, readjusting his hat on his head.

Blaze tilted his head slightly at Ty and blinked. "Growl Growlithe Growlithe Growl! Growlithe! (I don't know what your weight has to do with all this, but I don't care, and I'm not worried...)" The Growlithe said with a smug grin.

Listening to Tala quickly, he visualized how he would ride the skateboard and nodded, Kai quickly pushing off with his back foot before placing it back on, trying to keep his balance as he had the board rolling slowly, when he felt like he was going to stop, he kicked his foot out again and kept it moving, this time only slightly faster as he leaned his body to change his direction, although having to bail out off the board as he nearly tumbled. "The balance thing, its going to be difficult to get..." He muttered, still trying to figure out how this was harder than rollerblading.

Kai kicked the board up with his left foot and placed it back on its wheels while thinking about how to try again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Tala gave a laugh then looked at him with a grin "Try going in a straight line and stopping before you attempt turns!" she called grinning from ear to ear.
Ty gave Blaze a smile before putting Band on the skateboard. "Bak bakphoon phoon bak! (First light weight, Band's your weight!)" Ty told him. "Arc arcanine nine nine arc arcanine! (First start pulling Band about and tell me if he's too light!)" Stripes told him. "Arcanine arc arc (I will walk at your side)" Ty walked over to a few bolders picking one up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Blaze watched as Ty placed Band on the skateboard and almost chuckled. "Growlithe Growl Growlithe (This will be a piece of cake...)" Blaze said with a grin. The Growlithe got up on all fours and pulled the skateboard along easily, even trotting a bit to show off. "Growlithe Growl Growl Growlithe! (Aww come on, that was too easy Stripes, he's probably not even 10 pounds...)"

Kai nodded and easily made his way back and forth in a straight line, daring to move slightly faster each time he did so and practicing his braking, becoming comfortable with the easy exercise. "Well the straight line is easy, I think I can do this..." He said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Tala gave a smile, "While traveling straight lean to the left ever so slightly or you'll fall again!" Tala called.
Ty put four large bolders on the skateboard two on either side of Band. "Bak bakphoon bak bak bakphoon! (That's about 20 pounds now try that!)" Ty called. Stripes gave a nod and began to walk forward.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Kai nodded and kicked the board into motion, moving straight at a decent speed and leaning slowly to the left, while keeping balance, and although shaky, he started to gradually turn left, after having to jump off a few times. "Alright, I'm going to keep working on this...I can't find the balance yet..." Kai called out, trying the exercise again.

Blaze rolled his eyes and pulled the board along easily, feeling only just a little bit more resistance. "Growlithe Growl Growlithe! (It's still pretty easy to move...)" Blaze called out, looking at Stripes calmly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:26 pm

"Arcanine arc arcanine! (Ty clear the board and do your part!)" Stripes said stopping Blaze. Ty took everything off the board and lay down on it. "Arcanine arc arc canine nine arcanine! (Now he weighs 182 pound heavier than the average Typhlosion due to all the treats he's ate and little exercise over a long time!)" Stripes warned motioning him to start moving forward.
Tala gave a smile riding next to Kai rmoving side to side. "Keep your knees bent and your arms out it helps your balance!" she advised.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Blaze stopped and huffed lightly, "Growlithe Growl!! Growlithe Growlithe Growl!!" (Heh, you aren't scaring me with that!! He only looks like 100 pounds...this should be a piece of cake!)" Blaze said with a grin, starting to move forward as Stripes told him to, but after a half a step, the weight difference caused the Growlithe to strain and eventually faceplant into the ground.

At just the same time as Blaze fell, Kai grinned as he rode next to Tala, and as he tried bend his knees and find his balance point, he stumbled back and fell off the board onto his back, groaning lowly. "Ugh...I'm alright..." He said lowly, catching his bearings before getting back up.

Blaze tried once more to move, but struggled and stopped. "Growlithe Growl!! Growlithe! (Sheesh Ty, 182 pounds? I didn't believe it, but I guess he was right...What do I do now?)" The young Growlithe asked Stripes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:58 pm

"Arc arcanine canine nine nine arc! (Stop being cocky and take a break, Ty put on about 45 pound!)" Stripes said firmly. Ty gave a nod getting up and putting bolders on the skateboard.
Tala stopped in front of Kai and offered a hand to help him up. "It mainly takes time to learn, your actually doing great, by this point I almost gave up, but Stripes willed me on so just keep trying!" she said with a smile.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:11 pm

"Growlithe Growl Growlithe! (I'm not being cocky!!)" Blaze growled, ignoring Stripes order to take a break, the words giving the small firedog fuel for training, flames of determination flashing through his eyes as he strained only slightly and got the board rolling at a steady pace.

Kai grabbed Tala's hand and sprung back up from the ground. "I don't plan on giving up...if this is something Blaze wants to do, then I'm behind him all the way, besides...my father didn't become a racing legend by giving up did he?" Kai said with a smirk. "We've only just begun..."

With this, Kai kicked the board up and instantly started working at it again, working on the straight line, then turning ever so slightly while working on his balance, slowly able to take a little more balanced stance on the board as he watched Tala a few times. "I know I'm not going to get this down on my first day..." Kai called out with a small laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Tala smiled feeling that he was going to get it easily. She stopped skating for a moment watching how the pokemon were doing.
Stripes smiled as his plan was working. By saying negative things he made the young pup determind to prove him wrong. "Arc arcanine arc arc! (Not fast enough keep going!)" he barked.
Tal gave a nod then turned her attention back to Kai, "Pick up a bit more speed that usually help!" she called.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 pm

"Growlithe Growl Growlithe....(I'll show you fast enough...)" Blaze growled as he focused on moving quicker, blocking out the weight's bearing effect and he felt himself move in a steady trot, and felt his steady trot develop into a run.

Kai glanced over at Blaze's progress and was surprised at his determination and how he was pulling that much weight this quickly. "Come on Kai, you can do this..." He thought to himself before kicking off at the ground a few times to get into a faster pace and as soon as he felt comfortable at the quick pace, he narrowed his eyes and got into a slightly crouched position with his arms out for balance, and he leaned left to turn slightly, feeling the balance point shift slightly.

"Err...hold onto it...hold onto it..." Kai growled lowly, before shifting his feet and stance slightly, before sliding off and tumbling off with a chuckle. "Turned too hard..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:59 pm

"That was amazing for a beginner! But maybe a little less weight until you get better, hm? I can say I'm proud of both your progress! But maybe we should have a break, Blaze might hurt himself if doesn't get one soon," she suggested.
Stripes smiled at Blaze's progress "Arcanine arc arc canine nine! (Keep this up and you'll be pulling Ty with ease soon!)" he said confidently waiting for the trainers to say if they have a break or not.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Kai stood up slowly from his fall and grinned, "It's definitely break time, no need to overdo it on the first time out..." He said, agreeing with Tala as he picked up his board and moved over towards the pokemon, looking impressed.

Blaze finally slowed to a stop and panted lightly, his eyes still burning with determination, but as he noticed Kai move towards Stripes and Ty, he slowly made his way back and sat to take a break, gazing at Stripes as if to say "bring on the work" after the break.

Kai chuckled and nodded, knowing that he needed the same attitude Blaze did if he was going to stand any chance of getting this down and to push each other. "Hey Tala, when did you pick up this hobby of yours?" He asked, looking curious as he took a seat, leaning against his backpack lightly. "Swap a story for a story?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:28 pm

"Sure!" she said sitting down. "I was always small for my age and a bit different so I was pick on a lot so Merri my cousin who was a breeder gave me Instinct after seeing how well we bonded she soon found her Arcanine had a litter of three, Flare, Ruby and Stripes. Flare was normal, Ruby was shiny like her mother and Stripes had red eyes. The other pokemon out of the ranch picked on him too so we banded together and one day heard of pokemon racing. When we said we'd do it others laughed in our faces saying we couldn't do because we were too small, that made us dertermined to prove them wrong! And even though we've only gotten second place to stronger, faster competititors we still roved our point! Even those who were different or small could do thing! What about you, why did you go-kart, were you inspired and influence by your dad?" Tala asked. Ty untied thhe rope from Blaze's collar and pulled out pokeblocks and poffins from her bag to share with Blaze.
"Bak bakphoon, bak bak! (You're doing good Blaze, have some of this!)" he said putting the containers on the ground eating some poffins. Stripes took some pokeblock and lay down.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Kai listened to Tala and nodded, a few different facial expressions passing over his face in the course of her story, having a few parts where he could relate to the girl. "I can relate to some parts of that story totally." Kai said lowly. "I was picked on a lot too when I was younger, especially since I couldn't get a grasp of my studies in school, I was in a small school back in Kanto, and I had the lowest scores every term...but my dad, he really helped me..." He said with a smile.

"I'd spend hours upon hours in the garage with him working on cars, even his race car...but, the stipulation was that I had to study for an hour after school and finish homework before I could help him." He added with a chuckle. "Boy, my grades soared like a rocket after that, and I understood more and more about pokemon." Kai said with a chuckle.

"Basically, my father picked up on my love of cars and mechanics and one day he sat me in a go-kart and said if I could drive, then I could drive...needless to say, I buzzed it around the neighborhood, growling like a Charizard to scare the other kids, and eventually he put me on different tracks and I started winning..."

"Growlithe! Growl! (Thanks Ty...)" Blaze said before chewing on his own poffin, while ever so often peeking at Stripes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Tal gave a nod and a smile remembering the day her father picked up on her powers and began to train her. Stripes watched and listened to te trainers, whilst keeping a protective glance at Tala the whole time. "Fathers are great but when we don't understand we often disrespect them, I guess I have pushed my father away even after he trained me, not in racing but in other ways...I never thanked him and hearing the way you talk abou your dad makes me realise that..." Tala mumbled looking towards the sky.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Kai tipped his hat down slightly as he thought about his father and the last time he'd seen him before his horrific wreck. "You never know what this crazy life is going to throw at you, always try to be on the best of terms with friends and family..." He said softly, looking at the ground.

"I'm never alone without him, I know a part of him lives on through me, I want to make him proud and I know I'm on the right path with that, I can race cars all I want when I get a little older, I want to help people and pokemon, thats why I want to be a ranger." Kai said with a chuckle.

"And to do that means I can't turn away any challenge thrown at me, and the first one is to figure out how to ride this thing..." He added with a laugh, pointing at the skateboard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barry
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Tala turned to him with her usual smile "You'll get it! That was the point I made years ago, anyone can do anything aslong as they truly want it! I can see it in your eyes and your aura! And to achieve your goal all you need is Blaze; a faithful an forever loyal partner!" she said with her fire back.
Stripes gave a nod as he was happy his trainer still had her fire after so long. He then realised Blaze was watching him and turned to the younger pokemon with a warm smile.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extreme day of training¬   

Back to top Go down

Extreme day of training¬
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next